Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action! Wait...Flames?

Today was out annual Christmas festival signifying the end of term and celebrating the impending holiday.
My students talked me into performing a British Pop song with them on stage complete with pink reindeer ears. You would have thought I was Beyonce at the number of screams and claps I got as I took the stage.
Oh it was magical, we shared the stage with flashing spot lights, a smoke machine, crazy Korean balloon creations, and two flame machines! Yes that's right half way through "Ohhhh my Love!" the flames shot from the canisters and confetti rained down on us. I was afraid of a Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial re-enactment.  I flinched. My students smiled and say " It's Okaaay" in true Korean fashion. While singing... the whole student body is chanting " Tip-pa-ni, Tip-pa-ni! Maybe I should have done a dance...lol. After my students and I exited, students were coming up to me left and right, " You are soo good singer", " Tippani you are fantastic". Talk about an ego booster. And all for a a whack pop song? Gotta love Korean students. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. So next semester I'm taking over the hip hop club! Awww..(._________________ <-----insert stereotype here!) womp, womp, womp. Minstrelesque thoughts aside I love my students and my school and I'm more than happy to show them my SWEET moves. lol

Confucius: If you cant take the heat... don't play with the flame thrower

No comments:

Post a Comment