Sunday, October 18, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...


Okay people the time has finally arrived, I depart in less than 72 hours!
After all the planning a preparation, the time is finally here. I'm so pumped, I dont even know if I'm going to be able to sleep. Who knew I could change my life so drastically in 65 days, there's something to be said for the power of determination. I look forward to all the cultural idosyncrasies and experiences that await me in Korea.
For those of you who want to come visit, just drop me a line with your travel plans and I'll make sure to have some bimbibop, dak gui and kimchi waiting for you.  By then hopefully I will have learned    Beyonce's "Single Ladies" in Korean so we can kill it at the Karoke Bar :).So packing turned out pretty well considering I didn't have Fran the Packing Nazi with me! I'm off to NYC to veg out and see my besties before the flight. I will try not to cry at the terminal, but those of you who know me know Im like a moon pie, all chocloately and seemingly hard on the outside, but inside I'm nothin but goo. Maybe I need to pack a box of kleenex in my carry-on. Surprisingly I'm pretty at ease about leaving. I feel like I should be nervous or scared but that couldn't be any further from the truth. I'm calm as a cucumber.
I do want to take a moment to say thank you to all my friends and family who have supported me in this decision.I love you all and I can't wait to take you along on this journey with me.
Oh and I've finally figured out how to work my phone's video camera, so look forward to video blogs on the horizon. I'm off to finish the last bit of packing and practice my Korean.

Luggage: $150, Ticket: $833, Visa: $45, A year teaching in Korea: PRICELESS!


Confucius say:  traveling to Korea requires an open mind and strong stomach... for he who has not the latter might make a splatter!

1 comment:

  1. We support the ones we love. You are truly welcome. Do your thing in Korea, they will not be disappointed. You are a awesome educator.

    P.S. You were champ at the airport kool breeze!

    Love,
    The Family

    ReplyDelete