Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Snack Attack!!!!

Store d'oeuvres: Snacks and food samples that a grocery store will serve at various locations in order to tempt the patrons into buying something they weren't planning on (pizza, chips and dip, sausage, etc.). Usually happens on the weekend but its EVERYDAY in Korea!
Usage:I went to E-mart the other day and filled up on store d'oeuvres
LUCKY DAY! ( I love this phrase, it's seen usually on special event store signs to let you know there's a sale, and guess what... it's your Lucky Day!)
This brings to mind my favorite thing in E-mart ( well my second favorite thing next to scaring little Korean children): The Store d'oeuvres
"God, I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end of a cow?"
"Wanna go for Samgyupsal?"
" I'm sooo broke, I dont get paid til next week!"
"No money... no problem"
" Let's go sample stalking at E-Mart"
" Asaaaaaa!"

Peruse the market section of E-mart. You have you choice of various baked goods, kimchi, sauteed meats, fruit drinks and mandoo. Don't be shy about taking 3 or 4 helpings. Get in there with your toothpics and mini cups and have at it! You'll be stuffing your face with little adjummas and children alike.
Koreans will tell you" 먹 어"! "Nom, nom, nom" and the smacking symphony will commence!
I wish they would make E-Mart commercials featuring foreingners because I would be all about that. I would wear a shirt that said Snack Attack in Korean and perhaps even do a dance! You know Koreans are all about the ridiculous commercials complete with signature dance moves. Asaaaaa!


Confucius say: When funds are low and stomach starts to growl, head to E-Mart and start a sample prowl

No comments:

Post a Comment