Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Slave to Starbucks: A Holiday Story

Dear Korea  ,
Dear Korean Starbucks,

You have made me a slave to your Christmas blend goodness. Not only did I buy your overpriced 19,000 W bag of  coffee for my french press, for weekend coffee enjoyment, I fell victim to your sly tricks.
Oh Toffee Nut Latte, you mock me everytime I pass my neighborhood Starbucks. I want to stop in for just another sip of your toffee nutty goodness. Not to mention Christmas blend is a holiday blend and before I know it you'll be gone and make me pine for you,yet another year. I'm not impressed that you antagonize me by giving me a holiday coffee point card. With each purchase I receive, a little coffe cup shaped sticker to place on my card. Now I have 10 little cups filled and 7 more to go. Each time I get excited! I am one Toffee Nut latte closer to a 2011 Starbucks planner/journal. So many wonderful things I could plan and do with that Starbucks limited edition holdiay planner/journal. ((sighs)) I almost gave in yesterday and bought it. Alas no brown one. It was not meant to be. When I saw the price... 17,000W. Ugh! It would be so easy to give in and buy it. I mean clearly the planner/journal is not worth 17 cups of 5,100W Toffee Nut Latte. However purchasing it would not give me the same satisfaction as collecting that last coffee cup shaped sticker on my point card and having a junior barista hand me my glorious limited edition 2011 Starbucks Planner/Journal! So I will be dillegent in my coffee drinking because, let's face it good coffee in Korea is hard to come by. So I will continue my servitude to the lady in green, paying homage and Won to Starbucks for it's comfy chairs, great coffee, and delightful Christmas melodies until my holiday point card is complete!
Ps. I do not appreciate your sly trickery of  the point card. I am not Korean I do count the lattes. Which total upwards of  86,000 W which is LUDACRIS! What's even more ridiculous is that I am still buying Toffee Nut Lattes on the regular! Ohhhh the shame. ((sighs)) Korea:4,390,6001 티파니: 3 :(
Until my next Toffee Nut Latte...

<3
티파니


No comments:

Post a Comment