Wednesday, September 23, 2009

So.. It's decided! South Korea here I come...


So after about what seems like a perilous mound of teach abroad applications, resumes, statements of intent, apostilles, passport photos and 1:00a.m Skype calls to Korea, Ive finally taken a position at a middle school in Anyang City, South Korea, ( about 30 mins by train outside of Seoul)
I've always said this was something I was going to do, and here was fate slapping me around saying " Hey Tiff, are you ready yet?" So I leave in little less than a month.(yikes) The task at hand is to pack a year's worth of my life into 3 suitcases or less. Anyone who knows me, knows that's going to be a challenge. I've read the testimonials, talked to ex-patriate teachers, skimmed the teach overseas guide books,and  read travel blogs of others.
What it boils down to is either you LOVE it or you HATE it. But I figure hey, either way it's an experience!
So I'm going into this next chapter of my life, excited about what life has in store for me.Don't get me wrong it's not all deep thoughts and rainbows.I'm nervous but my excitement drowns out my fear, well at least for now!
So over the next year I will be chronicling my journey in South Korea and the experiences along the way!    I'm a bit ridiculous ( which might be an understatement) so some days you might hear about the wondrous marvels of living abroad and teaching and other days you might bear witness to a meltdown. But I invite you into my life with no plan, just hope for something wonderful. 
Welcome to Serendipitous Adventurer: American Teacher in Korea!

*Confucius say: "pack only what you need. memories, an open mind , and lots of deodorant!"


1 comment:

  1. At least you already know how to eat Korean Bar-B-Que!! Have a great time you'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete