Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Is this really happening?


So... yesterday it all became REAL! I got my address in Anyang , South Korea. Omg...it's really happening. Each day my future unfolds and I get a bit more excited about my life. It's a bittersweet moment to realize that one of my dreams is coming true, however in the same breath I'm leaving a life an old life behind...in the hopes of becoming something new. I'm a little freaked out, I'm not gonna lie. It's overwhelming and exciting at the same time.
A side note: F.Y.I this apartment will be my first! A place of my very own! I know you think wow, you're how old and never lived alone? But now I feel I'm ready! Ready to stand on my own two feet, independent, clear headed and determined to live my life.
Ok I got a little deep there for a minute people, let me swim back to the shallow end as not to scare the rest of you.On a lighter note, I joined a Facebook group called Brothas and Sistas in South Korea.( For those of my friends who say I'm not really black, I qualify as a sista dont I?)...it's kind of exciting finding other people of color in South Korea. Im excited to immerse myself in Korean culture but it will also be nice to see a familiar face every now and then.Oh let's digress for a minute to my YouTube debacle. So... Im attempting to get my video diary up and running on Youtube I filmed this super cute video on my phone, but me being a videography neophite, messed up the audio and then inserted a wrong code somewhere and my video ended up looking like a bad PSA for drunken youtube users. Absolutely terrible! That is one I won't be posting.
I have a few more weeks to get the hang of the whole video blog editing thing.
Anyways I'm looking forawrd to some hardcore chillage with friends and family. A year may seem like a really long time, but it's only a blink of any eye in the scheme of one's lifetime.

*Confucius say: life is full of unexpected surprises...be sure to air freshener near by


2 comments:

  1. Yes, things are becoming REAL...but your outlook on life is so refreshing and inspiring. The Korean Facebook network is right on time...... Your students will love you and teaching a blast! Enjoy this new chapter in your life; with travel comes insight, cultural awareness, expereince, education and a great deal of FUN!!!

    Can't wait for the videography...lol


    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff,
    The social butterfly that you are, will fit right into the Korean culture. Your excitement is contagious...... life is about living, doing and no regrets. People should venture outside their comfort zone to grow. Congrats on this opportunity...keep things moving Diva we are behind you 100%

    Grams

    ReplyDelete